If you think your employees would never sue you, think again. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, employee-related charges have risen by 31 percent since 2006. When your company is accused of wrong-doing, you have to prepare a defense, and that’s very expensive … even when you’re innocent.
There are countless reasons that employees sue – ranging from alleged FMLA violations, failure to accommodate disability, workplace harassment, wrongful termination and discrimination to name a few. Make sure you’re prepared with Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI).
• A supervisor is falsely accused of sexual harassment
• An administrator sues your organization for discrimination when he is passed over for a promotion
• An employee sues for pregnancy discrimination when her hours are reduced after she returns from maternity leave
• Provides coverage for defense costs and additional damages such as future wages, lost wages and loss of future earnings
• Limits of up to $1 million available
• Protects against a wide range of Employment Practices claims from current or past full and part-time employees as well as temporary or seasonal employees and certain leased or loaned independent contractors
• Access to risk management tools such as video training modules, sample employment forms, model employment practices handbooks, as well as helpful articles and industry information
• Legal helpline so you can talk to an employment practices lawyer anytime questions arise